Solar Inverter Buyer’s Guide 2021
Our annual Solar PV Inverter Buyer’s Guide is a chance to check in with all of the inverter manufacturers – from the market leaders to the up-and-comers – to get a sense of how their technology has evolved and what new products are now available for installation. This year we have a snapshot of one product from each segment these companies serve, from residential to utility-scale. We start with this year’s featured brand, SMA, and then continue alphabetically.
2022 Version now available!
What’s new? In 2021 we see our role in the utility storage market primed for significant growth. SMA America has sold a cumulative 1 gigawatt of Sunny Central Storage inverters in North America. As a result of this tremendous growth, SMA is doubling sales and applications engineering support for the large-scale storage category. Going forward, this will increase the capacity for business, improve customer support, and pave the way for future storage milestones, as the company participates in dozens of projects globally. Within our portfolio are a wide variety of AC and DC coupled solutions with 1,000 and 1,500 Vdc options for storage. This includes solutions for grid services and renewable integration. In utility-scale SMA offers both a centralized Medium Voltage Power Station and the modular Sunny Highpower PEAK3. The options offered with these two solutions give developers and integrators flexibility. Both utility-scale solutions are storage-ready.
C&I: Sunny Tripower X
The Sunny Tripower X is the latest in commercial solar energy generation and the new centerpiece of the proven SMA Energy System Business. As a comprehensive solution, the integrated System Manager enables complete energy management from one platform while combining state-of-the-art technology into one device. This single-source design ensures small to medium-sized businesses can accommodate future energy management and needs. UL listing announcements coming soon.
- High flexibility in system design with 3 MPP trackers
- Easier installation with an overall lighter weight and wall-or-rack mount
- Flexible and scalable system sizing: 30 kW, 25 kW & 20 kW
- Integrated System Manager allows monitoring and control of up to 5 inverters (with up to 150 kVA) and 1 energy meter
- SMA ShadeFix offers next level performance optimization
C&I: Sunny Tripower CORE1
The Sunny Tripower CORE1 is the only inverter that offers an intelligent IV curve diagnostic, advanced string monitoring, and SMA Smart Connected. The world’s first free-standing PV inverter for commercial rooftops, carports, ground mount and repowering legacy solar projects, the Sunny Tripower CORE1 enables logistical, material, labor, and service cost reductions, and is the most versatile, cost-effective commercial solution available.
- First commercial system listed to standard UL 3741 PV Hazard Control for NEC 690.12 compliance
- System visibility with intelligent IV curve diagnostic and advanced string monitoring
- Integrated SunSpec PLC signal for module-level rapid shutdown compliance to 2017 NEC
- ShadeFix optimization generates more power
- SMA Smart Connected, Sunny Portal, and SMA’s Online Service Center provide automatic, proactive, and unmatched service support
Residential hybrid: Sunny Boy Smart Energy
Coming to market in mid-2023, the new, ground-breaking Sunny Boy Smart Energy hybrid inverter system will enable both immediate energy use and storage in one single device, with three modular backup options that deliver greater electricity reliability. With its high-speed battery charging capabilities to its easy installation and handling, this newest offering will provide a capable, flexible solution that empowers homeowners to take control of their energy.
- 2-in-1 solution with a range in powerclass options from 3.8 to 11.4
- Modern, modular design that is also more functional because it is smaller and lighter
- Integrated System Manager allows management of up to 3 inverters and batteries
- 3 modular back-up options offer homeowners energy security choices, with or without a battery
- Save installation time and money with intuitive, quick commissioning from the SMA 360° app
What’s new? APsystems has some exciting new products on the horizon, including a higher wattage dual module microinverter, the DS3, and a higher wattage 3-Phase microinverter, the QT2. Both are due to hit the market before the end of the year. Our APsmart brand has just released a dual-module rapid shutdown device, the RSD-D, which should be hitting the U.S. market within the next several weeks.
1. The DS3 is the most powerful dual microinverter in the world. Three models cover most all panel types, sizes and capacities.
2. Far less equipment and at a lower cost. Competing systems require up to 3X the inverters and up to 60% more PV modules on the roof to hit the same output.
3. It installs faster than conventional microinverters and is simple plug-and-play.
4. Built-in Zigbee 2.4GHz wireless communication creates a mesh network for high-speed data transfer.
5. Fully NEC 690.12 and UL 1741 SA (CA Rule 21) compliant.
C&I microinverter: QT2
The QT2 is a 3-Phase microinverter for C&I applications. Each QT2 connects to up to 4 PV modules, is rapid shutdown and UL 1741 SA (CA Rule 21) compliant and comes in 1728W (208V) and 1800W (480V) output models. Why microinverters in commercial solar? As featured in the recent Solar Builder article “Making the case for microinverters in C&I solar,” the QT2 offers built-in rapid shutdown, pairing with higher capacity PV modules, improved performance over string inverters under a variety of conditions, fewer potential points of failure, plug-and-play three-phase wiring, and bonus: microinverters are now more cost-effective than ever. Solar installers can now offer their C&I customers all the benefits of MLPE in an easy-to-install, plug-and-play, native 3-Phase microinverter package. UL 1741-SB to be completed by end of Q1 2023.
- 208V and 480V models, wye and delta 3-Phase.
- True 3-Phase in the cable, no need to balance phases manually.
- Pairs with 4 PV modules 500-600W+ (dep. on your preferred AC/DC ratio).
- Inherently Rapid Shutdown compliant, no separate RSD system required.
- Reduces potential points of failure (PPOF) by 75%.
- Distributors to purchase through: CED Greentech, Krannich, Soligent, Sonepar, Wesco, Fortune Energy, EDGES, iSolar Brokers, RENVU, Crescent Electric, ECO Distributing, Enertech, French Gerleman, GenPro, Ontility, Solar Wholesale, The Power Store, Van Meter, VP Supply, UMA Solar, and Wholesale Electric
What’s new? CPS America has shipped over 4-GW of UL-listed string inverters in North America. This year, CPS has expanded its rapid shutdown offerings including factory-integrated RSD wire-boxes and certified PVRSS solutions with TIGO, APS, and NEP devices. One of our exciting new products coming this year is the 100kW-480Vac string inverter optimized for 1500Vdc ground mount applications with 480Vac service voltages. The 100kW-480V model includes all the great features of our 100/125kW 3-phase inverter platform and allows low-cost 480Vac interconnections by eliminating the need for a step-down transformer. CPS will also be releasing our new high power 275-kW string inverter designed for large utility-scale applications (more below).
Utility-scale: CPS SCH275KTL-DO-US-800 (250 / 275 kW)
The most powerful three-phase, 1,500 Vdc string inverter CPS America has released to date, the SCH275KTL model includes a selectable active power rating of either 250 kW or 275 kW (factory default) with 12 MPPTs and is available with either 36 fused PV string inputs or 24 unfused PV string inputs. Aside from high efficiencies and wide operating voltages, what really sets this inverter apart is its industry-leading operating temperature range with full power output up to 42°C (107°F). With the CPS SCH275KTL inverter, developers can ensure that their projects will achieve maximum production even as ambient temperatures rise. The CPS SCH275KTL-DO-US-800 is UL 1741-SB listed. It operates at too high of a voltage for UL 3741 listing (1,500 Vdc for ground-mount projects, as opposed to 1,000 Vdc for rooftop projects).
- Selectable max apparent power of 250kW or 275kW
- 12 MPPTs with either 36 fused inputs or 24 non-fused inputs
- Full power capacity up to an industry-leading 42°C
- Integrated dc disconnect switches
- Copper- and aluminum-compatible ac connections
C&I inverter: CPS SCA36KTL-DO-US-480-V2
The new, V2 version of the 36kW (36kVA) CPS three-phase string inverter is designed for rooftop and carport applications. The units are high performance, advanced and reliable inverters designed specifically for the North American environment and grid. High efficiency at 98.8% peak and 97.4% CEC, wide operating voltages, broad temperature ranges and a NEMA Type 4X enclosure enable this inverter platform to operate at high performance across many applications. CPS 36KTL V2 ships with either the Standard wire-box or the Rapid Shutdown wire-box, each fully integrated and separable with touch-safe fusing, monitoring, and AC and DC disconnect switches. The integrated PLC transmitter in the Rapid Shutdown Wire-box enables PVRSS certified module-level rapid shutdown when used with APS RSD-S-PLC/RSD-D products. The CPS FlexOM Gateway enables monitoring, controls and remote product upgrades.
The CPS SCA36KTL-DO-US-480-V2 is currently UL 1741-SB listed and is expected to receive UL 3741 listing with IronRidge, Sollega, Panelclaw, and Unirac by Q2 2023.
- Separable wire-box for simplified O&M and fast service
- 3 MPPTs with 5 inputs per MPPT
- Optional FlexOM Gateway enables remote firmware upgrades
- Standard and integrated RSD wire-box options
- Copper- and Aluminum-compatible AC connections
C&I inverter: 25 kW
The CPS 25kW-208V three phase string inverters are designed and optimized for rooftop and carport applications with 208Vac service voltages. The CPS 25kW product ships with the Rapid Shutdown wire-box, fully integrated and separable with touch safe fusing, monitoring, and AC and DC disconnect switches. The integrated PLC transmitter in the Rapid Shutdown wire-box enables PVRSS certified module-level rapid shutdown when used with the TIGO, APS, and NEP products. The CPS Flex Gateway enables monitoring, controls and remote product upgrades.
- 208V AC output
- 3 MPPTs with 2 inputs each for maximum flexibility
- Integrated RSD wire-box options with TIGO, APS, and NEP
- NEC 2017/2020 compliant and UL listed Arc-Fault protection
- Separable wire-box design for fast service
- Distributors such as CED/Civic Solar
What’s new? Darfon will be launching a new monitoring app for its hybrid inverters in Q2 of this year. While designing the app, our main focus was to make it easy-to-use, expand functionality, and be aesthetically pleasing. I believed we achieved that and am looking forward to the launch and reaction from homeowners and installers. The cool thing about our monitoring service is our hardware’s connectivity options. Our latest data logger used in conjunction with our hybrid inverters, can connect to the internet via a LAN, WiFi or 4G cellular connection.
The H7 hybrid inverter is sold with the B17 LFP battery. Since they are both out-door rated, they can be installed outdoors for easy access. Since Darfon makes both the inverter and battery, we can gather data to monitor and troubleshoot both products. The H7 comes with an external wireless display to control and see the current status of the system from inside the home. Like out previous hybrid inverters, the H7 is transformerless and has breakers, disconnect switches and generator support circuitry.
- Support loads of up to 7.6kW
- Grid input and output can be as much as 9.6kW
- Up to 12kW of PV with 4 MPPT when DC-coupled or 7.6kW when AC-coupled
- To be installed with the B17, a high-voltage LFP battery
- It only weighs 86.8lb, so it can be easily mounted and installed.
Darfon’s H5001 hybrid inverter can be used as a string inverter. Why is this useful? A hybrid inverter is more than double the cost of a string inverter. But if you look at the system cost, the inverter is only a small portion of that cost. The batteries are the most expensive component in hybrid system. In some cases, the additional cost of the batteries is what people cannot afford. So, it makes sense to install the H5001 as a string inverter and have a system that is energy storage ready. Then the batteries can be purchased and installed down the road. The thing that installers like about the H5001, is that it is straight forward to install and configure.
- PV Operation Voltage Range 120 to 500VDC
- Two MPPTs
- Output to Grid: 5000W, Output to Load: 5500W
- SGIP Compliant
- Compatible with various battery chemistries
- Distributors to purchase through: Maximo Solar, RenVu, Solar Solutions for All, Volts Energies, World Technologies
What’s new? Enphase offers a comprehensive solar-plus-storage system that brings plug-and-play simplicity to installers and powerful energy management for homeowners. Backed by the high reliability of Enphase microinverters, Enphase Storage automatically detects and transitions from grid power to off-grid mode during a grid failure. With storm-detection features and full Internet of Things connectivity, Enphase Storage and Enphase Solar make up the most comprehensive, always-on, and intelligent renewable energy power plant for homeowners. Enphase Storage features Lithium Iron Phosphate (LFP) battery chemistry, which provides a long cycle life, safe operation through excellent thermal stability, and a UL9540A fire safety certification.
IQ8 Microinverters are UL Listed as PV Rapid Shut Down Equipment and have more than 1 million cumulative hours of power-on testing. IQ8 also unlocks new backup power opportunities for customers and sales avenues for installers. In addition to providing sunlight backup for the first time ever, typical storage sizing and ratio restrictions no longer apply with IQ8. Installers can add a range of battery sizes to customers’ homes and expand their systems over time as needed.
- Grid-forming microinverter with proprietary microchip makes sunlight backup possible for the first time and eliminates constraints on battery sizing for home energy systems;
- Split-phase power conversion capability efficiently converts DC power to AC power;
- Included Q-DCC-2 adapter cable with MC4 connectors supports quick PV module connections;
- Warranty of up to 25 years;
- UL Listed as PV Rapid Shut Down Equipment.
What’s new? Since 1983, FIMER continues to expand on its global inverter portfolio in 2021, with integrated solutions in all market segments from residential to large utility. Inverter sizes ranging from 3.3 kVA to 5.0 MVA. Most notable for 2021 is the upcoming release of a new commercial inverter with 10 – 33 kVA capacity for 1000 Vdc rooftop and carport applications, in addition to expanding the range of energy storage options with residential, C&I and utility scale systems.
Residential solar: UNO-DM-US
The UNO-DM-US inverter family continues to be a reliable industry standard, updated to today’s standards and advanced features. Fully compatible with industry leading rapid shutdown solutions, and designed for easy AC coupling with energy storage, including FIMER’s own Universal 10|4 energy storage product.
- UL1699B Ed. 1 DC arc fault certified
- Integrated rapid shutdown options
- 3.3 - 6.0 kVA capacity range
- FIMER Universal 10|4 storage packages (4 – 8.5 kW, 10 – 30 kWh)
- 4-Step wireless commissioning
C&I inverter: PVS-10/33-TL-US
The PVS-10/33-TL-US inverter family will be introduced in 2021 to compliment the currently available PVS-60 commercial 60 kVA 480 Vac inverter. With capacity ranges of 10 – 15 kVA (208 Vac), and 20 – 33 kVA (480 Vac), this inverter is designed to cover the full range of commercial 1000 Vdc applications, with accommodations for bifacial PV modules and increasing DC:AC ratios. The FIMER commercial inverters are fully compatible with industry leading rapid shutdown solutions, and may be AC coupled with energy storage.
- UL1699B Ed 1 DC arc fault certified
- Integrated rapid shutdown options
- 10 – 15 kVA (208/120 Vac)
- 20 – 33 kVA at (480/277 Vac)
- 4-Step wireless commissioning
Utility-scale: 1500 Vdc PVS-175-TL-US
The award winning 1500 Vdc PVS-175-TL-US inverter, updated to today’s standards and new features for 2021, provides an optimized solution for small- to mid-size utility scale applications. The integrated fuse-less DC combiner and DC AFCI reduces both upfront balance of system equipment costs and operational costs. With 12 independent MPPTs and 24 DC inputs, the PVS-175-TL-US is proven to be a choice for community solar and utility scale projects.
- UL1699B Ed 1 DC arc fault certified
- Max power output of 185 kVA
- 12 independent MPPTs/24 DC inputs
- Integrated fuse-less DC combiner
- 4-Step wireless commissioning
What’s new? Fronius just released three new apps that help to better commission, monitor, and service solar systems. These steps can be tedious without the proper tools and potentially slow down installer business operation. With the new Fronius App portfolio, however, business can improve their experience, from first setup to operations and maintenance. Solar.Start: Commission your internet connection easily. Solar.Web: Monitor your system. Solar.SOS: Create cases 24/7 without any wait time, contact technical support, and stay up to date on open issues.
Residential: Fronius Primo
With power categories ranging from 3.8 kW to 15.0 kW, the Fronius Primo is the ideal compact single-phase inverter for residential applications. This sleek inverter is equipped with the SnapINverter hinge mounting system, which allows for lightweight, secure, and convenient installation. The Primo inverters provide maximum safety, reliability, and highest energy yield even on complex roofs of shaded systems – giving customers the best return on their solar investment.
- Two size ranges: Fronius Primo 3.8 – 8.2 & Fronius Primo 10.0 – 15.0
- Smart shade mitigation with Dynamic Peak Manager
- SuperFlex Design for complex roofs and maximum design flexibility
- Wide voltage windows from 80V to 1,000V
- Integrated energy management feature
- Truly field-serviceable
C&I: Fronius Symo Advanced
The Fronius Symo Advanced inverter line features six models ranging from 10 kW to 24 kW, ideal for commercial and industrial applications. The Symo Advanced is lightweight and combines high-power density with flexibility to ensure the fastest possible installation for your PV project. The small number of total power conversion electronics adds to the high serviceability from any mounting spot. You get total system granularity with only a low number of system components. Developed with 2 Multiple Power Point Trackers and Dynamic Peak Manager, the shade mitigation solution, the Fronius Symo Advanced ensures your PV system operates at maximum performance and efficiency.
Yes: It is listed for both UL 1741 and UL 3741 (with use of PanelClaw and IronRidge racking systems)
- 208 Vac and 480 Vac versions available
- Smart shade mitigation with Dynamic Peak Manager
- SuperFlex Design for complex roofs and maximum design flexibility
- SunSpec transmitter for Module Level Rapid Shutdown integrated
- Truly field-serviceable
- Distributors to purchase through: Krannich, The Powerstore, BayWa, Soligent
- Fronius website
What’s new? The PWRcell line of products was expanded with new capabilities, giving PWRcell the capability of providing intelligently managed whole-home backup power. The PWRcell Automatic Transfer Switch is able to island the system from the grid in the event of an outage and Smart Management Modules (SMMs) are able to manage loads so homeowner’s essentials never miss a beat. Generac’s SMMs and load management technology increases system performance and reliability. They do this by sequencing (or managing) the loads, preventing them from all turning on or running at once which might overwhelm the battery. By controlling some non-essential loads, the system ensures that the essentials never lose power, which can happen if loads are permitted to demand more than the system can serve. Generac Load Management ensures that the system owner maintains access to all their loads during an outage, even if they can’t all run at once.
The PWRcell Inverter was designed with the installer in mind. This bi-directional, REbus-powered inverter offers a simple, efficient design for integrating smart batteries with solar. Its ability to DC couple to solar and storage makes installation easy, allowing for plug-and-play operation. Solar + battery storage is simplified with this single hybrid inverter for grid-tied solar and whole home power. Ideal for backup power applications, as well as self-supply and zero-export energy cost management, PWRcell Inverters are among the most feature-rich in the industry and are backed by a 10-year limited warranty.
- 97% CEC weighted efficiency
- Simplified system design: No autotransformer or battery inverter needed
- Seamless integration with the Generac PWRmanager and Automatic Transfer Switch for whole-home backup capabilities
- User-selectable modes for backup power, self-supply, time-of-use, zero-import and export limiting
- Integrated system monitoring via PWRfleet web portal and PWRview mobile apps
The microinverter technology you’re familiar with, coming soon from the leader in home energy technology. Generac Dual-module PWRmicros will offer up to 720W continuous power for maximum performance and faster installation at an unbeatable value. Market-leading power throughput taps the potential of larger solar modules and maximizes lifetime system value. Install single-module PWRmicros in combination with dual-module units for unmatched design flexibility. Simplify installation, maximize production, and navigate difficult shade scenarios and complex rooflines with Generac’s line of microinverters.
Five key specs:
1. Two models available: 720W Dual-module PM2-720-01, and 290W Single-module PM1-290-01
2. Minimizes losses due to shading and debris
3. Eliminates single points of failure
4. Integrated grounding and modular bus cabling
5. NEC rapid shutdown compliant
What’s new? As the market leader in storage inverters, we will continue offering consumers high-quality hybrid inverters throughout 2021, as well as high-voltage batteries and Smart Energy Management Applications. 2021 is the year we move from inverter manufacturer to solution provider in the solar storage segment.
Hybrid inverter: A-ES
The 5-9.6-kW, single-phase A-ES is one of the only hybrid inverter on the market with 4 MPPTs. With UPS-level switching, the inverter can switch to backup in less than 10 milliseconds in case of power outage. This ensures household appliances are not compromised.
- 4 MPPTs, 50% DC oversizing
- AFCI & Rapid Shutdown
- UPS-level switching
- Smart Meter integrated
- Optional AC bypass switch
What’s new? 1. High power microinverters to reduce lost energy due to power clipping; microinverter power levels must keep up with higher PV panel power. For example the NEP BDM800 dual 2x400Wac micro will begin shipping in March 2021. Our BDM500, a 500Wac ‘Macro-inverter’ is shipping now to support the new 500Wdc PV panels launching in 2021. 2. NEP Rapid Shutdown products will enhance safety, ease commissioning, time-saving IV curve trace test and lower service costs while also meeting NEC 2017 RSD requirements.
Microinverter: BDM 1000 Dual (coming soon)
The BDM series involves nimble engineering, better service execution and easier positioning. Fill voids and gaps of content incumbents to generate customer focused value. A key attribute is its metal exterior, which avoids the more common failures associated with plastic module-level power electronics on hot roofs.
NEP’s unique, two-way data communication Rapid Shutdown solution enables installer confidence that rapid shutdown is functioning correctly. This is valuable for safety assurance, code compliance, AHJ approval and characterization of the array performance upon commissioning. Further, NEP includes IV Curve trace ‘service mode’ to enable easier measurements at time of commissioning and through the life of the project. NEP’s optional data gateway is available for remote PV panel diagnostics and data performance.
- PVG-1 and PVG-2 for single and dual PV panels
- Mounting for racking rail and optional clip available for PV module frame mount
- Two way data flow for safety and performance with optional NEP gateway
- Transmitters available in stand-along enclosure and integrated with leading C&I inverters providers
- Distributors to purchase through: CED Nationwide (USA)
- RSD products sold via NEP, distributors and CPS America, Solectria/Yaskawa
What’s new? Schneider Electric recently launched the MPPT 100 600 Vdc solar charge controller. With a constant focus on delivering high-quality products, the MPPT 100 is an ideal solution for residential grid-tied self-supply and off-grid systems. The new MPPT 100 offers much faster installations and is compatible with our XW and SW storage inverter solutions. Another exciting development to look forward to is the integration of the XW Pro inverter with Square D Energy Center, which is an industry-first, future-ready residential system that enables easy and safe connections for different types of power sources (solar, battery, generator). Schneider Electric’s Insight Energy Management platform is adding integrations with Google and Amazon voice assistants. With this update, homeowners will be able to take complete control of their home energy information by pairing their Insight devices with the Google Nest and Amazon Alexa.
Hybrid: Schneider Inverter
Get more power out of your solar panels with Schneider Inverter’s integrated optimizers. With 4 independent channels, systems are efficient, easier to install, and support complex PV arrays with multiple orientations. For home battery systems, the Inverter pairs with the Boost battery. The compatible Pulse electrical panel can be used to intelligently control what appliances use the battery power during a grid outage. This can extend the battery runtime up to 80% while maintaining flexibility for the homeowner to choose what to power on the fly. The inverter’s 200% surge capability means higher reliability backup power by better handling the initial surge of electricity that many appliances require when starting. The solar and battery systems can operate with dc or ac-coupled solar, and are compatible with generators for extended backup. Schneider’s 200 Amp rated Backup Controller is available in multiple configurations for easier installations and fewer boxes on the wall. Schneider Inverter will be available in H2 2023.
- 7 kW continuous backup power, 15.4 kW peak output power (10 sec)
- Easy installation and commissioning experience
- Easy integration with load control and management
- Flexible battery capacity with 10 to 30 kWh per inverter, or install as a battery-ready solar power system
- Rated for Indoor or Outdoor installations
Hybrid: XW Pro
The XW Pro leads Schneider Electric Solar’s hybrid inverter range, as it provides installers with the flexibility to design and install a complete solar and storage system. The XW Pro offers a high overload power rating of 1.75x with the ability to stack up to 4 inverter units to increase overall power output. Because of its scalable and adaptable infrastructure, the XW Pro can also be integrated with lithium-ion batteries for solar and storage, or backup power systems without solar. Schneider Electric’s solar hybrid inverters come with a complete ecosystem of accessories to enable efficient installation. This includes integration with MPPT charge controllers and Insight Energy Management, Schneider Electric’s energy management software that allows solar professionals to remotely manage multiple installation sites with ease.
- Reliable performance with a 6.8 kW output with up to 12 kW peak overload
- Flexibility in installations and operations with Stacking capability of up to 4 units in single-phase or 6 units in 3-phase
- Compatibility with a wide range of battery technologies, including Lithium-ion battery integration
- Optional integration with generator
- Compatible for use across a wide range of applications such as grid-tied, off-grid, self-consumption, backup power
What’s new? To make installers job easier, Sol-Ark released its outdoor/indoor 12K hybrid all in one. Multiple partners introduced matching outdoor battery enclosures to complete the package. In Q2 2021, we are releasing our dynamic wind brake so DC rectified 3phase wind turbines can be directly connected to one MPPT with solar on a 2nd MPPT. In Q3, the 100A x 14 circuit Sol-Ark Smart Load will allow installers to backup an entire home with one $20K ESS instead of 2-3 at $40-60K. Unlike other load management solutions that cover 30A or 50A and switch in 20-1000ms, Smart Load shaves 100A loads in 4ms. This immediate response time makes sure the inverter is performing to its max power without overload. What makes this load mgmt so Smart? Built in AI automatically learns your loads and can program itself, so the installer doesn’t have to. And because Sol-Ark’s mission is reducing ESS cost, you can use the Smart Load with any inverter (not just ours).
5K to 15K Limitless Hybrid
Sol-Ark’s 15K-2P (UL# Limitless 15K-LV) is so powerful that it eliminates standby generators, a 200A whole home transfer switch (built in), UPS’s for electronics due to 5ms switching, Neutral Forming Transformer due to split phase output, and parallel stacking because only one is needed. Sol-Ark also sells smaller units (12K-2P, 8K-2P, 5K-1P) for critical loads, off grid, and mobile applications. Features and benefits include parallel stacking, grid sell, meter zero, time of use, smart load, generators, simultaneous AC & DC Coupling, & peak shaving. The company has partnered with many battery companies like HomeGrid, Endure, SimpliPhi, Fortress, Blue Ion, Storz Power, PowerSync, and Discover to advance inverter and battery control through extensive communications.
- 20 kW pk power
- 4ms UPS Transfer times,
- Generator support,
- 93% Round Trip Efficiency
30K and 60K Three-Phase Hybrid
Sol-Ark introduced a line of three-phase hybrid inverters in light commercial 30K-3P-120/208V and industrial 60K-3P-277/480V. Both support 4 MPPTs for dc coupling, ac coupling, generators, UPS grade 200A 5ms auto transfer switch between grid/off-grid/generator, 12 parallel stacking, two independent high voltage batteries, and U.S.-based remote monitoring/control. Previously, 208V ESS applications had to use 480V inverters and massive transformers, wasting power and install time. Most previous C&I hybrids were for on-grid peak shaving or meter zeroing and lacked built-in transfer switches for grid forming. Sol-Ark 30K & 60K is an all-in-one, easy-to-install hybrid inverter for the C&I market.
- Native 3Phase 120/208V or 277/480V without a transformer
- Built in 200A 5ms Grid/Off-Grid/Generator transfer switch
- Built in 4 MPPT’s for DC Coupling & Simultaneous AC coupling
- Parallel stacking to 12 units
- US based remote monitoring/control
- Distributors to purchase through: CED Greentech, Soligent, City Electric Supply, AEE, Krannich, Beacon, The PowerStore, GenPro energy solutions, Zonna Energy, Inter-Island, R&R, BayWa, AltE store, Northern Arizona Wind & Sun, Renvu, Multi Batteries, Warren, HES, Sentinel, Solar Solutions, & more
What’s new? At the beginning of 2021, we introduced a new series of rooftop string inverters with NEC rapid shutdown requirement compliance as well as a 3.6 MW turnkey central inverter MV station. We will be expanding the product lines including storage and will announce the new generation at SPI.
C&I inverter: SG36CX-US
The Utility-scale turnkey product is the SG3600UD-MV.
- All in one, MV system, Block communication and AUX. power supply
- Reduces transportation cost, standard 20-foot sea-shipping container
- Plug & Play, Reduced installation cost and commissioning time
- 3-level Inverter technology, Inverter peak efficiency 98.9%, CEC eff. 98.5%
- Complies with UL 1741-SA and IEEE Std 1547TM -2018
- Complies with latest NERC & FERC grid support requirements
- Reserved space for 3RD party equipment, communication and tracker controller enclosures
- Distributors to purchase through: CED, WESCO, AMICUS Members
Listen to more in-depth conversations on Solar Builder's YouTube channel
Our most popular series include:
Power Forward! | A collaboration with BayWa r.e. to discuss higher level industry topics.
The Buzz | Where we give our 2 cents per kWh on the residential solar market.
The Pitch | Discussions with solar manufacturers about their new technology and ideas.
Comments are closed here.