Schneider debuts solar-ready Square D Combination Service Entrance Device
Schneider Electric offered a sneak peak of the new Square D Combination Service Entrance Device (CSED) during the NECA 2022 Convention & Trade Show at booth #2502. Schneider developed this CSED to be code compliant to the new NEC 2020 standards, to offer new safety features, a compact design and, most importantly for us, to be solar-ready.
The new CSED, scheduled to be launched in December, combines the meter socket and service disconnect into one enclosure. It also accommodates Wiser Energy technology, giving homeowners more control of their evolving energy needs.
“Electric codes change, but safety remains paramount for us in the products we offer and for electrical contractors in the products they install,” said Richard Korthauer, Senior Vice President, Schneider Electric Home & Distribution US. “By bringing this cutting-edge Combination Service Entrance Device to market, we are supporting electrical contractors by simplifying NEC 2020 compliance and by streamlining solar installation in preparation for the expected increase in demand resulting from the Inflation Reduction Act.”
Square D CSED features:
- Outdoor disconnect, surge and GFI protection required by NEC 2020
- Plug-on Neutral interior seamlessly accommodates existing Plug-on Neutral breakers and surge protection devices
- Standardized solar-ready capability for customers seeking a more environmental approach
- Newly added four space/eight circuit option
- Compact footprint that demands less space, creating a seamless and cleaner install
- Three inch (3″) service feed conduit to allow for more wiring maneuverability (as required by select utilities)
With Wiser Energy, customers are afforded the opportunity to monitor how their energy is being used down to the device level. Providing real-time energy usage insight allows homeowners to easily spot inefficiencies, set energy goals, reduce waste, and track savings—ultimately maximizing their electrical needs and desires.
Listen to more in-depth conversations on Solar Builder's YouTube channel
Our most popular series include:
Power Forward! | A collaboration with BayWa r.e. to discuss higher level industry topics.
The Pitch | Discussions with solar manufacturers about their new technology and ideas.
Comments are closed here.