Apply now for third annual Solar Games at Intersolar (which now covers travel expenses)
Is your solar install crew the best in the biz? How about you prove it next year. Intersolar North America (ISNA) and Energy Storage North America (ESNA) is now accepting applications for the third annual Solar Games competition to be held February 14-16, 2023, at the Long Beach Convention Center in Long Beach, California. Applications to compete are open through September 2, 2022. Click that link to apply.
Sales and marketing month sponsor
Get Aurora AI & Get Back to Summer
Let Aurora AI do the heavy lifting for you so you can get out of the office and into the pool. See how Aurora can speed up your sales & design with one-click design magic. Learn more here
The Solar Games, the industry’s first installer competition, tasks teams with building residential solar + storage systems live in the #isnaesna23 exhibition hall. Taking place in a custom-built stadium, the bracket-style tournament features multiple competitive rounds where teams go head-to-head installing solar modules, racking, inverters, and battery storage. Teams are scored on a point system for quality, safety, speed, and other criteria. The winning team from each round advances until the final-round winner is named Solar Games Champion—and awarded a $10,000 cash prize.
• Installation teams from across the United States are invited to apply to compete. To qualify, all team members must be OSHA 10 certified, and one team member must be NABCEP certified (or a licensed electrician).
• New for 2023, each team will be provided with $2,000 to help cover travel/lodging expenses.
• The 2023 Solar Games Champion will receive $10,000; second- and third-place finishers will receive $3,500 and $2,500 (respectively).
• A six-member advisory board of clean energy leaders helps develop and oversee the competition. Board members include representatives from K2 Systems, ReVision Energy, Rolls Battery Engineering, Twende Solar, Institute for Building Technology & Safety, and Solar Cowboyz.
• Sponsor-provided equipment will be donated to Twende Solar upon completion of the competition for use in projects that empower under-resourced communities with renewable energy systems. At this time, equipment sponsors include Electriq Power, K2 Systems, JinkoSolar, and Rolls Battery Engineering.
Interested companies are encouraged to contact the Solar Games Sales team for more details.
“The Solar Games celebrate the talent and camaraderie among solar + storage installation professionals,” said Wes Doane, Event Director, Intersolar North America and Energy Storage North America. “The two-day tournament is a highly anticipated and well-attended part of our annual conference and expo, uniting attendees, exhibitors, press, and speakers within the expo hall for a thrilling competition. We can’t wait to see what happens in 2023.”
Listen to more in-depth conversations on Solar Builder's YouTube channel
Our most popular series include:
Power Forward! | A collaboration with BayWa r.e. to discuss higher level industry topics.
The Pitch | Discussions with solar manufacturers about their new technology and ideas.
Comments are closed here.