For solar installers, operations and maintenance is often a significant and ongoing burden. Tigo Energy, Inc. unveiled a comprehensive digital platform this week to change that, designed to optimize commissioning, monitoring and maintaining fleets of solar installations. Tigo says its new Energy Intelligence (EI) quickly identifies issues that increase truck rolls, undermine energy output, and undercut the economic success of said installations. EI also simplifies the commissioning process by providing greater system visibility and information to end installers and EPCs.
“Fleet management technology is the next key enabler in renewable energy, and the Tigo EI Platform will accelerate this domain with improved data gathering and analytics software,” said Archie Roboostoff, vice-president of software at Tigo Energy. “We are confident that the upgraded EI Solution solution will assist installers in pushing forward their energy systems and we look forward to seeing the results.”
With hundreds of terabytes of data on solar system performance collected to date, the value of the resulting analytics continues to increase. Installers have the opportunity to choose what works best for their systems and fleets. Key features of the EI Solution that will improve installer experience and interaction include:
● Fleet management view for installers to easily sort and analyze installed systems
● Power flow diagramming with interactive charts presenting archived and real-time power generation and distribution data
● Advanced performance reports designed to reduce alert fatigue for installers
● Advanced chart pages updated to include a calendar flow, and income statistics to show monetary equivalent of energy production.
● Innovative kiosk view showcasing energy details for system owners to illustrate to friends, colleagues and customers their renewable energy commitment
Earlier this year, Tigo Energy announced it surpassed 75GWh of Reclaimed Energy since 2009 in tens of thousands of installations. With EI, users and installers can access the ‘Reclaimed Energy’ feature, a tool that quantifies energy system optimization for greater energy generation. Existing customers that are currently using the platform will be automatically switched over to the newest version of EI, but the previous version of the platform will still be available for use at the customer’s discretion.
Listen to more in-depth conversations on Solar Builder's YouTube channel
Our most popular series include:
Power Forward! | A collaboration with BayWa r.e. to discuss higher level industry topics.
The Buzz | Where we give our 2 cents per kWh on the residential solar market.
The Pitch | Discussions with solar manufacturers about their new technology and ideas.