Famed global equipment brand Caterpillar Inc. had a presence at both Solar Power International and Energy Storage International during North America Smart Energy Week to hype its hybrid energy solutions for the U.S. solar and storage industries.
“Caterpillar has demonstrated the real-world applications of robust hybrid systems for commercial and industrial customers seeking lower energy costs, improved power quality, reduced emissions, increased energy resiliency, and other benefits,” said Rob Schueffner, hybrid energy solutions segment manager for Caterpillar Electric Power. “We’re looking forward to sharing our insights during North America Smart Energy Week, including our comprehensive portfolio of hybrid energy solutions combined with decades of expertise in designing and installing complex solutions that reduce owning and operating costs.”
Color us intrigued. Key offerings in Caterpillar’s hybrid energy solutions technology suite include:
• The Cat Master Microgrid Controller (MMC), which keeps loads continuously energized with high-quality power at the lowest cost by managing the flow of power from every source in the system;
• Cat Connect Remote Asset Monitoring, which provides data visualization, reporting and alerts from anywhere in the world through an easy-to-use web interface;
• Cat Bi-Directional Power (BDP) inverters, which supply real and reactive power with grid-forming and grid-following capabilities;
• the Cat Energy Storage System, which uses advanced lithium-ion batteries with superior energy density, high discharge/recharge efficiency and high cycle life to compensate for fluctuations in output from renewable energy sources; and
• Cat photovoltaic solar modules, including several robust technology options that provide flexibility in system design, simplify installation, and deliver superior performance.
Caterpillar delivers innovative power systems engineered for exceptional durability, reliability and value. The company offers worldwide product support, with parts and service available globally through Caterpillar’s authorized service and dealer network. In addition, dealer service technicians are trained to service every aspect of Cat equipment.