Northern Electric Power Technology Inc. (NEP)’s PVG-4 is an easily installed standalone rapid shutdown product, providing NEC-2017 and NEC-2020 compliance at lower cost and with some added safety features. Cool things to note:
- You can connect four PV modules to one device to achieve that lowest cost (with three to one and 2 to 1 options on the way).
- PV level thermal shutdown enables an extra failsafe layer of system-shutdown protection for first responders.
- Configured DC cables and connectors will match the PV connector brand and lower your AHJ rejection risks.
- The PVG-4 is set up for two-way communication instead of the standard one-way. This allows for PV data monitoring and data feedback that confirms if the RSD functioned correctly.
- NEP has a service mode you can switch to in order to perform IV curve tracing. This removes several O&M headaches compared to similar products that will need to be unplugged to perform the same tasks.
This is the beefed up microinverter for the next-gen modules hitting the market. The 800Wac microinverter can support dual modules up to 500 Wdc (2 x 500Wdc). It is Rule 21 ready with global certifications and supports continuous operating power of 768Wac @ 240Vac. Less clipping for more energy harvest with modern high-power PV panels. Integrated PLC based monitoring. Supports “Net Zero” system configuration where needed. Integrated AC cable for less hassle and easy installation.
Have you checked out our YouTube page?
We have a ton video interviews and additional content on our YouTube page. Recently we debuted Power Forward! -- a collaboration with BayWa r.e. to discuss higher level industry topics as well as best practices / trends for running a solar business today.
Our longer running side project is The Pitch -- in which we have awkward discussions with solar manufacturers and suppliers about their new technology and ideas so that you don't have to. We've discusses everything from residential rail-less deck attaching and home solar financing to large-scale energy storage value stacking and utility-driven new home solar + storage microgrids.
We also post our Project of the Year announcements there! Interviews with this year's winners will be up starting the week of Nov. 8. Head there and subscribe today to stay on top of all this extra stuff.