Microinverter manufacturer Hoymiles Power Electrics Inc. revealed its full line-up of microinverters designed for high-power solar panels, as well as Hoymiles Gateway DTU-Pro-S, a data transfer unit featuring Sub-1Ghz wireless connectivity for greater reliability, at SNEC PV Power Expo 2021 in Shanghai, China.
“Our technological breakthroughs allow us to boost the maximum DC input current of a single-phase microinverter by up to 22 per cent to 14A, making Hoymiles the first to provide a microinverter system solution that perfectly accommodates 182mm high-power PV modules. Meanwhile, in our latest efforts to expand the applicability and compatibility of the module-level inverter, Hoymiles developed the world’s first three-phase microinverter to feature reactive power control, which greatly enables the microinverter to be deployed in a wider range of application scenarios,” said Zhao Yi, Deputy General Manager and Director of R&D Center of Hoymiles.
The products presented at the Expo include:
- HMS-2000: This 4-in-1 microinverter features maximum output power of up to 2000 VA. Independent MPPT and monitoring allow for higher energy harvests and streamlined maintenance, while the support of Sub-1Ghz wireless solution offers more robust communications stability.
- HMS-1000: 2-in-1 microinverter that comes equipped with identical features and output power up to 1000VA.
- HMS-500: 1-in-1 microinverter that comes equipped with identical features and output power up to 500VA.
- HMT-2250: A pioneer, the latest three-phase microinverter with reactive power control can be widely used in general 230V/400V three-phase electric power distribution and supports connection of 6 PV modules.
- Hoymiles Gateway DTU-Pro-S: Data transfer unit that works seamlessly with S-Miles Cloud and supports Sub-1Ghz wireless solution.
“With quality, efficiency and cost-effectiveness in mind, all our new products are designed to significantly improve the operating performance of the system and reduce the cost of electricity per kilowatt-hour, making sure our customers benefit from lower costs,” he added.
Have you checked out our YouTube page?
We have a ton video interviews and additional content on our YouTube page. Recently we debuted Power Forward! -- a collaboration with BayWa r.e. to discuss higher level industry topics as well as best practices / trends for running a solar business today.
Our longer running side project is The Pitch -- in which we have awkward discussions with solar manufacturers and suppliers about their new technology and ideas so that you don't have to. We've discusses everything from residential rail-less deck attaching and home solar financing to large-scale energy storage value stacking and utility-driven new home solar + storage microgrids.
We also post our Project of the Year announcements there! Interviews with this year's winners will be up starting the week of Nov. 8. Head there and subscribe today to stay on top of all this extra stuff.