The J200-RE is part of Trojan’s Premium line featuring Smart Carbon, Trojan’s proprietary carbon additive that helps to reduce the effects of Partial State of Charge (PSOC) in renewable energy applications. Deep-cycle batteries used in off-grid and unstable grid applications are heavily cycled at PSOC. Operating at PSOC on regular basis can quickly diminish the overall life of a battery, which results in frequent and costly battery replacement.
“The immediate availability of the J200-RE allows our global customer base to now take advantage of the benefits of the battery’s 12-volt, 200 Ah performance and size for use in a wide range of RE applications,” said Elke Hirschman, senior vice president of North American sales and marketing. “The added benefit of Smart Carbon and the eight-year service life, based on the IEC 61427 test, supports Trojan’s continued commitment of providing the highest quality, reliable energy storage solutions for various renewable energy market segments.”
To address the issue of PSOC, Trojan’s engineering team developed the proprietary Smart Carbon advanced lead acid formula to enhance life and performance of Trojan batteries operating in RE, inverter backup and telecom applications where batteries are under charged on a regular basis. Along with increased life in PSOC, Smart Carbon provides improved charge acceptance and faster recharge in PSOC applications.
Trojan’s J200-RE battery also incorporates a wide range of advanced engineering features of the Premium line, including:
• Alpha Plus Paste with T2 Technology which optimizes porosity development in the active material enabling the active material to be used more effectively. This results in sustained battery performance over a longer period of time.
• DuraGrid Design provides a thick grid structure that resists corrosion, and when combined with the Alpha Plus Paste with T2 technology, increases overall battery life.
• Maxguard XL Separator is exclusively available in Trojan’s Premium and Industrial lines. It features a wide-channel design which increases acid flow for optimum battery performance, and provides even greater resistance to stratification, a typical mode of failure in batteries used in RE systems.
• Moss Shield protects the plates from damage. The moss shield increases the battery life by protecting the top of the plates from shorting to the cell strap.
• Polyon container is Trojan’s ultra-rugged case design which protects against damage caused by harsh environmental conditions, such as moisture and dirt buildup, as well as safeguards against potential acid leaks.
Have you checked out our YouTube page?
We have a ton video interviews and additional content on our YouTube page. Recently we debuted Power Forward! -- a collaboration with BayWa r.e. to discuss higher level industry topics as well as best practices / trends for running a solar business today.
Our longer running side project is The Pitch -- in which we have awkward discussions with solar manufacturers and suppliers about their new technology and ideas so that you don't have to. We've discusses everything from residential rail-less deck attaching and home solar financing to large-scale energy storage value stacking and utility-driven new home solar + storage microgrids.
We also post our Project of the Year announcements there! Interviews with this year's winners will be up starting the week of Nov. 8. Head there and subscribe today to stay on top of all this extra stuff.