PV installation costs dropped 13 percent from 2010 – 2019, causing the industry to look closer at BOS for potential cost and efficiency savings and one aspect that is particularly important, but often overlooked, is cable management.
Panduit, a global supplier of solar BOS, has some new Metal Solar Edge Clips that can be installed without additional tools in an average of 11 seconds; 10 seconds faster than the cable tie average, according to the manufacturer. Available starting Oct. 30, these Metal Solar Edge Clips have been tested in harsh outdoor conditions to ensure they are durable enough to pair with IEC 61215 standard panels, helping to further reduce costs over time.
• Stainless Steel: 410 grade corrosion resistance Stainless Steel provides a solution for PV cable management in harsh Solar environments and its Rolled Edges prevent cable damage.
• Certifications: UL and CUL Listed under File No: E136577 to meet installation application requirements.
• Ease of Installation: Eliminates the need to carry and maintain tools required to install the product.
• Low Profile Design: These new clips can be installed on the panel prior to shipment with no risk of them becoming disengaged or preventing panels from lying flat.
• Multiple Mounting Options: Panduit Metal Solar Edge Clips provide alternatives for up to two PV wires to be routed in a parallel or perpendicular configuration to the solar frame.