Panasonic is introducing four new EverVolt modules and a redesigned EverVolt Battery Storage cabinet with a reduced footprint. The expanded lineup of modules in the EverVolt Solar Modules series means more options to accompany its EverVolt Battery Storage system. The four new modules feature higher efficiency and enhanced performance – even in high temperatures – as well as exceptional degradation rates. The new modules are also backed by Panasonic’s TripleGuard and AllGuard 25-year warranties.
New EverVolt storage cabinet. Homeowners will soon be able to store more energy per square foot with a redesign of the EverVolt home battery storage cabinet that gives the system a smaller footprint. The new cabinet, which will be available beginning in June 2021, enables homeowners to stack more batteries and store more energy in a smaller space.
The improved cabinet will be 29x47x18 inches, 22 square inches smaller than the previous EverVolt battery storage model. The EverVolt battery storage is compatible with any solar module system or inverter and can be tailored to a homeowner’s individual needs. In addition to offering both the AC- and DC-coupled options, the battery storage system can be scaled down to as little as 11kWh of energy storage or expanded to 102kWh.
EverVolt battery storage system offers simple, one-person installation and is field serviceable. It also comes equipped with advanced software and a user-friendly app for homeowners, allowing customization between multiple operating modes and visibility into system status. The battery storage product is backed by a 10-year product and performance warranty.
The new modules, which will be available in 2021, include:
- EverVolt Solar Module Series 380W / 370W modules, available in Q3 2021, features efficiency rating of 21.7% and 21.2%, respectively, and provides maximum power output for residential solar systems.
- EverVolt Solar Module Black Series 370W /360W modules, available in Q3 2021, features efficiency rating of 21.2% and 20.6%, respectively, with a sleek all-black aesthetic design.
In addition, the new EverVolt Solar Modules series deliver a number of key benefits including:
- High efficiency in high temperatures, with one of the industry’s lowest temperature coefficients at 0.26%/°C
- Improved performance when shaded
- Higher module efficiency with one of the industry’s lowest annual degradation rates, delivers 92% of the original output after 25 years
- Heterojunction cell technology with half-cut cells
When installed by a Panasonic Authorized, Premium or Elite installer and registered through the Panasonic website, homeowners will have peace of mind with the following EverVolt* warranty options:
- The Panasonic TripleGuard Warranty covers EverVolt panels for performance, product, parts and labor for 25 years.
- The Panasonic AllGuard Warranty covers labor to replace and repair all major components in an EverVolt system. Applicable to Panasonic AC modules, this warranty covers solar modules combined with microinverters sold by Panasonic, and approved racking for 25 years and the monitoring hardware for five years.
Modules installed by merchants outside of the Panasonic Installer Program receive a 25-year warranty on performance and product only. Whether in year three or year 25, the Panasonic warranty will be there when homeowners need it.
Have you checked out our YouTube page?
We have a ton video interviews and additional content on our YouTube page. Recently we debuted Power Forward! -- a collaboration with BayWa r.e. to discuss higher level industry topics as well as best practices / trends for running a solar business today.
Our longer running side project is The Pitch -- in which we have awkward discussions with solar manufacturers and suppliers about their new technology and ideas so that you don't have to. We've discusses everything from residential rail-less deck attaching and home solar financing to large-scale energy storage value stacking and utility-driven new home solar + storage microgrids.
We also post our Project of the Year announcements there! Interviews with this year's winners will be up starting the week of Nov. 8. Head there and subscribe today to stay on top of all this extra stuff.