Citizens Energy Chairman Joseph P. Kennedy II, a former Member of Congress, joined with Westfield, Mass., Mayor Daniel Knapik in the ceremonial flipping of a switch in western MA featured in WWLP 22 NEWS.
The 2.5 MW Solar Landfill Installation utilized the GameChange Racking Pour-in-Place Ballasted Ground System, and is part of the 6.5 MW group of three landfill projects recently installed using GameChange Racking in the Westfield/Chicopee MA area.
The GameChange Racking patent-pending protected Pour-in-Place Ballasted Ground System is one of the latest innovations in the solar industry for landfills and brownfields. Some features include:
• Non-penetrating ballasted system ideal for landfill, brownfield and rocky sites.
• Pour-in-Place technology allows for self-leveling technology: 68% faster install than precast.
• Large ballast footprint reduces landfill cap loading.
• Rated for windspeeds up to 120 mph and snow loads up to 90 psf.
• Passed rigorous electrical and mechanical testing by ETL to UL 2703.
• Bankability technical due diligence assessment by industry leader Black & Veatch.
• Wind tunnel tested by industry leader CPP.
Have you checked out our YouTube page?
We have a ton video interviews and additional content on our YouTube page. Recently we debuted Power Forward! -- a collaboration with BayWa r.e. to discuss higher level industry topics as well as best practices / trends for running a solar business today.
Our longer running side project is The Pitch -- in which we have awkward discussions with solar manufacturers and suppliers about their new technology and ideas so that you don't have to. We've discusses everything from residential rail-less deck attaching and home solar financing to large-scale energy storage value stacking and utility-driven new home solar + storage microgrids.
We also post our Project of the Year announcements there! Interviews with this year's winners will be up starting the week of Nov. 8. Head there and subscribe today to stay on top of all this extra stuff.