Citizens Energy Chairman Joseph P. Kennedy II, a former Member of Congress, joined with Westfield, Mass., Mayor Daniel Knapik in the ceremonial flipping of a switch in western MA featured in WWLP 22 NEWS.
The 2.5 MW Solar Landfill Installation utilized the GameChange Racking Pour-in-Place Ballasted Ground System, and is part of the 6.5 MW group of three landfill projects recently installed using GameChange Racking in the Westfield/Chicopee MA area.
The GameChange Racking patent-pending protected Pour-in-Place Ballasted Ground System is one of the latest innovations in the solar industry for landfills and brownfields. Some features include:
• Non-penetrating ballasted system ideal for landfill, brownfield and rocky sites.
• Pour-in-Place technology allows for self-leveling technology: 68% faster install than precast.
• Large ballast footprint reduces landfill cap loading.
• Rated for windspeeds up to 120 mph and snow loads up to 90 psf.
• Passed rigorous electrical and mechanical testing by ETL to UL 2703.
• Bankability technical due diligence assessment by industry leader Black & Veatch.
• Wind tunnel tested by industry leader CPP.
Listen to more in-depth conversations on Solar Builder's YouTube channel
Our most popular series include:
Power Forward! | A collaboration with BayWa r.e. to discuss higher level industry topics.
The Buzz | Where we give our 2 cents per kWh on the residential solar market.
The Pitch | Discussions with solar manufacturers about their new technology and ideas.