Citizens Energy Chairman Joseph P. Kennedy II, a former Member of Congress, joined with Westfield, Mass., Mayor Daniel Knapik in the ceremonial flipping of a switch in western MA featured in WWLP 22 NEWS.
The 2.5 MW Solar Landfill Installation utilized the GameChange Racking Pour-in-Place Ballasted Ground System, and is part of the 6.5 MW group of three landfill projects recently installed using GameChange Racking in the Westfield/Chicopee MA area.
The GameChange Racking patent-pending protected Pour-in-Place Ballasted Ground System is one of the latest innovations in the solar industry for landfills and brownfields. Some features include:
• Non-penetrating ballasted system ideal for landfill, brownfield and rocky sites.
• Pour-in-Place technology allows for self-leveling technology: 68% faster install than precast.
• Large ballast footprint reduces landfill cap loading.
• Rated for windspeeds up to 120 mph and snow loads up to 90 psf.
• Passed rigorous electrical and mechanical testing by ETL to UL 2703.
• Bankability technical due diligence assessment by industry leader Black & Veatch.
• Wind tunnel tested by industry leader CPP.
Have you checked out our YouTube page?
We have a ton video interviews and additional content on our YouTube page. Recently we debuted Power Forward! -- a collaboration with BayWa r.e. to discuss higher level industry topics as well as best practices / trends for running a solar business today.
Our longer running side project is The Pitch -- in which we have awkward discussions with solar manufacturers and suppliers about their new technology and ideas so that you don't have to. We discuss everything from residential rail-less deck attaching and home solar financing to large-scale energy storage value stacking and utility-driven new home solar + storage microgrids.