You probably already know about previous versions of the Pour-in-Place. Well, GameChange has announced a newer edition, the Gen4 Pour-in-Place Ballasted Ground System, that will be available for shipping in Q4 2015.
The latest innovation features:
• Even faster install.
• Up to 25% less concrete due to optimized ballast distribution.
• Up to 12.5% slopes in all directions with no ballast supporting leveling material.
• Up to 17.5% in all directions with minimal ballast supporting leveling material.
• Rugged leave-behind NextGen round HMWPE plastic forms require no temporary bracing while pouring concrete.
“At GameChange we are driven to change the world by making solar energy affordable,” said Andrew Worden, CEO of GameChange Racking. “This is not only about reducing solar racking cost but also about cutting install time to help customers reduce their total installed cost.”
Additional features of the GC Pour-in-Place Ballasted Ground System:
• Patent pending protected system with self-leveling technology: 68% faster install than precast.
• Integrated grounding and wire management.
• Available in both 1 and 2 panels up in portrait.
• 20 year warranty.
• ETL / UL 2703 tested.
• Independent assessment by Black & Veatch.
• Wind tunnel tested by industry leader CPP.
Have you checked out our YouTube page?
We have a ton video interviews and additional content on our YouTube page. Recently we debuted Power Forward! -- a collaboration with BayWa r.e. to discuss higher level industry topics as well as best practices / trends for running a solar business today.
Our longer running side project is The Pitch -- in which we have awkward discussions with solar manufacturers and suppliers about their new technology and ideas so that you don't have to. We've discusses everything from residential rail-less deck attaching and home solar financing to large-scale energy storage value stacking and utility-driven new home solar + storage microgrids.
We also post our Project of the Year announcements there! Interviews with this year's winners will be up starting the week of Nov. 8. Head there and subscribe today to stay on top of all this extra stuff.