Electriq Power has been expanding its operations and capabilities to meet growing demand for energy storage solutions. In September, the company announced definitive agreements with Emergent Microgrid, a provider of turnkey microgrids, and Lilypad Energy, a provider of data analytics solutions.
Now comes word that Electriq Power is launching the next-generation version of its PowerPod residential battery system. This new high-performance, cobalt-free model, PowerPod 2, builds upon key features of the company’s flagship PowerPod system and PowerPod LFP technology to create the optimal energy storage solution. Electriq Power is currently accepting preorders for the PowerPod 2, with volume deliveries expected in January 2021.
“With each new generation, the PowerPod product continues to raise the bar on hardware, software, and control functionalities for residential energy storage systems,” said Frank Magnotti, CEO of Electriq Power. “This one builds upon our success with PowerPod 1 and offers a very robust and safe LFP-based storage system at an affordable price. We believe that the PowerPod 2 is one of the most capable, feature-rich residential battery systems on the market, and we look forward to receiving feedback from customers and installers in the coming months.”
What’s new in PowerPod 2
• More power: 11.4 kW of DC solar input (AC-coupled available in early 2021)
• Improved power output: 7.6 kW continuous and 9.1 kW peak for 60 seconds
• 96% round-trip efficiency
• Outdoor-rated battery (NEMA 3R)
• Resilient communication with PowerPod during power and internet outages via built-in LTE
• Modular and easy to install, plus guaranteed commissioning during installation with LTE
• Grid services-ready through OpenADR 2.0b certification or Electriq-developed PowerADR protocol
Additionally, the PowerPod 2 is equipped with Lithium-Iron-Phosphate (LiFePO4), or LFP, batteries, which are becoming hip for being a non-toxic, non-hazardous lithium solution.