GameChange Solar says that its Grid-Lite Roof System was the first ballasted roof system to obtain DSA approval for an entirely ballasted rooftop solar array. The system is for a college building installation in Tustin, Calif.
Scott Van Pelt, Sr. Director of Engineering, explains it like this: “The advanced design of the Grid-Lite Roof System using interlocking rails instead of ballast pans allows us to leverage our CPP wind tunnel test results as well as address seismic loading issues to create an elegant low ballast system that worked well for this project. DSA is one of the most rigorous permitting authorities in the country. Having them review and approve our system confirms our design.”
Some Grid-Lite roof system attributes:
• Interlocking grid design combined with next-gen wind deflector reduces ballast to minimal amount
• Handles severe seismic conditions
• Integrated wire management trays enable string wiring throughout entire array prior to panelizing
• Minimal ballast saves up to $.02/watt
• Fast install with minimal components
• 5 and 10° tilts
• Durable G90 and stainless steel components
Listen to more in-depth conversations on Solar Builder's YouTube channel
Our most popular series include:
Power Forward! | A collaboration with BayWa r.e. to discuss higher level industry topics.
The Buzz | Where we give our 2 cents per kWh on the residential solar market.
The Pitch | Discussions with solar manufacturers about their new technology and ideas.