If a home already has an existing solar PV system, energy storage can be added as a retrofit via AC coupling — as long as you have the right inverter in place and understand the nuances. Ian McCluskey, Associate Product Manager for Outback Power, explains how to do it, and how the result may differ from a DC-coupled system.
Solar Distancing archive
- Episode 6: Difference between grid-dependent solar and grid-connected solar with storage
- Episode 5: Basics of battery recycling
- Episode 4: Battery charging and monitoring basics for solar + storage
- Episode 3: How to size a battery bank for your solar PV system
- Episode 2: What should solar installers work on during this time?
- Episode 1: What the heck is this?
Listen to more in-depth conversations on Solar Builder's YouTube channel
Our most popular series include:
Power Forward! | A collaboration with BayWa r.e. to discuss higher level industry topics.
The Buzz | Where we give our 2 cents per kWh on the residential solar market.
The Pitch | Discussions with solar manufacturers about their new technology and ideas.