A standout company at this year’s RE+ is Schneider Electric. Already a household name in energy management, Schneider is clearly stepping up its efforts to serve full solutions for solar + storage installers in both residential and commercial & industrial segments.
- EcoStruxure Microgrid Flex standardizes microgrid development. It fuses microgrid controls, electrical distribution, software, and Schneider Electric’s all-in-one Battery Energy Storage System (BESS) to simplify traditional microgrid configuration for faster and simpler implementation.
- Partners will gain access to a new microgrid design approach, EcoStruxure Microgrid Build, a web-based tool that helps to configure, program, and deploy microgrid control algorithms.
- Meanwhile, the EcoXpert Microgrid Badge program is set up to deliver needed certification, training, and a mutually beneficial partnership program to enable participants to succeed in the growth of microgrid adoption. Partners can become advanced system integrators adept at helping organizations manage loads and distributed energy resources, yielding more sustainable and resilient energy systems.
Home energy | Schneider Electric has begun taking orders for its integrated home energy management solution, Schneider Home. Unveiled at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in January, this solution automates energy production, storage, measurement, and control from a single app. Schneider Home is a comprehensive solution that includes:
- a smart electrical panel,
- a home battery,
- a high-power solar inverter,
- an electric vehicle (EV) charger and
- connected electric sockets and light switches.
All of that is connected to intelligently orchestrate home energy. In contrast to existing solutions which require separate apps and disjointed hardware, Schneider Home eliminates that complexity, providing homeowners the ability to easily monitor energy consumption by individual appliance, decide where to prioritize power during an outage to extend available back up power and avoid expensive electrical service upgrades when purchasing an EV.
Speaking of which…
EV charging | Schneider Electric is unifying commercial and residential customers in this endeavor by enabling bidirectional charging, such as vehicle-to-grid (V2G) and vehicle-to-home (V2H) functionalities.
Customers will be able to future-proof their EVs as they become dynamic energy assets that can produce emergency backup power for homes (V2H), reduce homeowner costs and electric supply strain by selling excess power back to the grid (V2G), and reduce carbon emissions by harnessing renewable energy.
Schneider Electric is co-innovating with manufacturers and RE+ attendees visiting their booth (#5343) will get a ‘first-look’ at Schneider Electric’s all-in-one bi-directional EV charging prototype expected to be commercially available in 2025.
Listen to more in-depth conversations on Solar Builder's YouTube channel
Our most popular series include:
Power Forward! | A collaboration with BayWa r.e. to discuss higher level industry topics.
The Buzz | Where we give our 2 cents per kWh on the residential solar market.
The Pitch | Discussions with solar manufacturers about their new technology and ideas.