SimpliPhi Power, one of the top battery manufacturers out there, is introducing an updated PHI 3.8-M lithium ferro phosphate (LFP) battery. This refreshed 3.8 kilowatt-hours (kWh) battery is more durable, efficient, and capable of withstanding the elements thanks to a new metal casing.
What all does the new casing do for the battery? The company’s blog breaks it down, but here are the highlights.
- The new metal casing enables better heat transfer within the battery, which enhances thermal management and limits the degradation effects all batteries experience. This improves battery performance, reflected in the 10-year warranty at an expected cycle life of 10,000 cycles at 80% DoD.
- It is also more resistant to damage from the elements, physical impacts, water leaks, and external heat sources.
- The updated white steel housing, is the same material used in its premium AmpliPHI 3.8 kWh battery. This makes the end product a bit more sustainable.
- Nifty features were added based on installer feedback such as larger handle-grips to accommodate work-gloves and more durable terminals with a higher torque tolerance.
- The updated PHI 3.8-M design is compatible with SimpliPhi’s legacy products and can be added to existing PHI battery systems.