Mitrex, a Canadian manufacturing leader in solar technology, is bringing to market its roofing panels, developed to provide a cost-efficient energy solution for homes. The company’s patented building-integrated photovoltaic technology (BIPV) can be easily installed on both new and existing homes and seamlessly mimic the appearance of traditional asphalt and slate shingles, with various colors and patterns available.
“Our solar roof solutions are ideal for homeowners looking to reduce their carbon footprint and make a positive impact on the environment,” says Mitrex CEO Danial Hadizadeh. “With our streamlined installation process, homeowners are now able to tap into solar technology to contribute to a net-zero carbon future without compromising the look of their home.”
Similar products in market have developed solutions that are aesthetically pleasing, but the installation process involves a replacement of the entire rooftop instead of integrating into an existing surface. On the other hand, versatility was the main driver for Mitrex’s product development. Mitrex solar roof products are proudly made in Canada, in a custom-built factory based in the Greater Toronto Area. The company’s facility allows for reliable and consistent production of thousands of high-quality solar panels per month.
Key specifications of Mitrex solar roof solutions include:
- Depends on color and texture, but panels are rated at 18-22% efficiency, 350-420 W for 144 half-cut cell modules.
- Mimics traditional patterns and colors for a seamless integration into existing non-solar roofing.
- Frameless panels that allow for more surface area coverage.
- Made with high-efficiency monocrystalline silicon solar cells for years of service.
- Treated with anti-soiling coating that makes them virtually maintenance-free.
- Lightweight, durable, weatherproof, featuring UV-stable and fade-resistant colors.
- Same installation methods as traditional rooftop panels, so any qualified roofer can install them.
- A 25-year electricity generation warranty and a 30-year material warranty.
Have you checked out our YouTube page?
We have a ton video interviews and additional content on our YouTube page. Recently we debuted Power Forward! -- a collaboration with BayWa r.e. to discuss higher level industry topics as well as best practices / trends for running a solar business today.
Our longer running side project is The Pitch -- in which we have awkward discussions with solar manufacturers and suppliers about their new technology and ideas so that you don't have to. We've discusses everything from residential rail-less deck attaching and home solar financing to large-scale energy storage value stacking and utility-driven new home solar + storage microgrids.
We also post our Project of the Year announcements there! Interviews with this year's winners will be up starting the week of Nov. 8. Head there and subscribe today to stay on top of all this extra stuff.