Solar installers and their customers are always looking for ways to save costs and time without compromising on quality. Hoymiles is set to launch a new cable installation solution for multi-microinverter and single-microinverter PV systems that they say cuts installation time by 70 percent.
Traditional setups generally require extensive manual disconnecting, stripping, and wiring. Hoymiles engineers, drawing inspiration from modular concepts such as LEGO bricks, designed the new HMS Cable System with two sets of accessories to pair with the Hoymiles HMS series of microinverters: one tailored for systems using multiple microinverters and the other for smaller systems utilizing a single microinverter.
HMS Trunk Connectors | Composed of a set of accessories for connecting multiple microinverters in a system, this solution includes a new trunk connector, an extension cable connector, a disconnect tool, and more. With these ready-made components, customers will spend significantly less time setting up their microinverter system.
HMS Field connector | Designed for single-microinverter systems in residential applications, this solution enables users to directly connect the microinverter to the AC cable to complete the grid connection. This minimizes installation effort and reduces costs.
“Oftentimes, innovation is not only about rolling out completely new concepts or technologies, but also about retrofitting and iterating current solutions to make things simpler for customers,” says Hoymiles Product Director Steven Zhang. “Our new accessories will greatly simplify the installation process, meaning that installers can get more systems done and homeowners can also try out installing their systems themselves because our plug-and-play doesn’t require much technical effort.”
Here it is in action …
- The new solution doesn’t distinguish between male and female connectors, preventing connector mix-ups.
- The accessories can be used right away, with minimal preparation and wiring. Hoymiles also offers different sizes of ready-made cables, allowing customers to mix and match components according to project requirements and reduce material costs.
- The new accessories are perfectly compatible with the current HMS series of single-phase microinverters.
- The HMS Cable System can operate within an ambient temperature range of -40°C to +85°C and handle higher currents when the PV system is in use.
- The IP68 rating highlights that there is full protection against solids and water, even in harsh weather conditions like storms.
Listen to more in-depth conversations on Solar Builder's YouTube channel
Our most popular series include:
Power Forward! | A collaboration with BayWa r.e. to discuss higher level industry topics.
The Buzz | Where we give our 2 cents per kWh on the residential solar market.
The Pitch | Discussions with solar manufacturers about their new technology and ideas.