Global height safety specialist Guardian announced a partnership with Twiceme Technology, to add a robust worker safety system to the new Guardian’s B7-Comfort Harness, shipping in late April 2023.
Twiceme’s twICEme allows end-users to enter personal data into a piece of equipment. In the event that the person is incapacitated due to a medical or traumatic event, bystanders and first responders can access this data by tapping the twICEme symbol displayed on the equipment with a smartphone.
Data such as allergies, previous injuries, emergency contacts, product information and more can all be uploaded to the user’s profile via the twICEme app. Access to this safety information will give first responders a clear, efficient way to make decisions in the case of an emergency where time is often most critical, but can also be helpful to co-workers in the event that something happens to their colleague on site. Any personal data the user enters is stored locally on the chip for the sole purpose of providing quick and accessible safety information.
This information and data is not sent – or stored – to any cloud-based storage, making it only accessible via a smartphone with NFC-reading capabilities and the chip itself.
“As 360-degree Height Safety experts, we need to think about all aspects of safety, including rescue and post-fall,” says Sean Wirth, Guardian Senior Product Manager. “While our mission is mitigating falls from height, in the unfortunate circumstances where they happen, we aspire to have products that not only arrest the fall effectively, but also lend to efficient post-fall rescue and first-aid.”
The B7-Comfort harness has been developed through a couple years of gaining end-user insights, and users “have applauded the addition of a unique feature that supports and simplifies their rescue plans on-site.”
B7-Comfort Harness details
• Adjustable Waist Padding – An industry first, the B7-Comfort Harness allows up to 10” of adjustability to allow users to tailor a perfect fit – no matter their size. This adjustment method also creates an adjustable tool bag attachment system on the user’s hips.
• DiaLock Torso Adjusters – Permits one-handed (even with gloves), precision adjustment of torso straps. Ultra-fine, double-locking click intervals mean adjustments stay where they are put with no creep or readjusting over the workday.
• 360-Degree Hip Mobility – An innovative O-ring design eliminates stiff stitching where the torso and legs meet, allowing unrestrictive and unparalleled leg movement with no binding, pinching, or tugging when moving across (or up) the jobsite.
• Advanced Padding Material and Design – Meticulously chosen and crafted shoulder, waist, and leg padding offers military-grade rip-stop nylon with UV and chemical-resistant rubber for the ultimate in protection and long-term durability. Interior surfaces are soft yet breathable to keep workers cool on the hottest days.
• twICEme® Safety Technology – A technology based on NFC that allows you to voluntarily upload safety information to your equipment via the twICEme app. The app allows you to manage and access safety info, check product info and send coordinates.
• Easy-Reach Stand-up Dorsal D-Ring – Makes connecting simpler and more comfortable by keeping the D-ring easily accessible.
Listen to more in-depth conversations on Solar Builder's YouTube channel
Our most popular series include:
Power Forward! | A collaboration with BayWa r.e. to discuss higher level industry topics.
The Buzz | Where we give our 2 cents per kWh on the residential solar market.
The Pitch | Discussions with solar manufacturers about their new technology and ideas.