GameChange Genius Tracker wins 23-MW order for West Coast utility
GameChange Solar has received an order from a leading nationwide developer/installer for a 23 MW Genius Tracker single-axis tracker system to be installed in the western United States in the second quarter for a leading regional utility.
“The Genius Tracker is rapidly gaining market share because it substantially improves the economics for solar projects using single axis trackers due to its cost effective design and rapid installation time as well as superior power density and performance,” said Derick Botha, VP of Business Development for GameChange.
RELATED: GameChange Racking changes name to GameChange Solar
We will be posting an exclusive look at the Genius Tracker in the next few weeks (also appears in the March/April print issue), but here is a quick look at some Genius Tracker Features:
• Technology that enables a low cost and reliable tracker with the fastest install and lowest O&M cost.
• Fast installing tracker: 10 person crew installs 1.2 MW trackers and panels per week.
• Highest power density of any single axis tracker, 99.3 percent panel density on rows.
• Robust linear actuator drive system has 40 year operating life and is IP 66 rated for operation in harsh environmental conditions
• Tru3D-Gimbal bearings account for pile installation being out of plumb, out of azimuth and out of vertical and east-west alignment
• Every drive actuator has its own battery backup and wirelessly linked controllers, eliminating all trenching.
• Self-powered rows eliminates central drive allow for uninterrupted grass cutting and panel washing.
Listen to more in-depth conversations on Solar Builder's YouTube channel
Our most popular series include:
Power Forward! | A collaboration with BayWa r.e. to discuss higher level industry topics.
The Pitch | Discussions with solar manufacturers about their new technology and ideas.