Have you head of the HDPV Alliance? It is an industry-wide alliance focused on lowering the cost and increasing the performance of PV solar systems — an alliance that just got a little bigger. HDPV announced the addition of 14 new members including: Arctech Solar, Array Technologies, Inc. (ATI), Bender, Bentek, China Sunergy, ConnectPV, Folsom Labs, GameChange Racking, GS Battery, Littelfuse, Schletter, Stion Corporation, Tabuchi Electric and Waaree.
These new members join Alliance founders Ampt, Bonfiglioli, KACO new energy and LTI ReEnergy to expand HDPV membership to over 30 companies from around the globe.
HDPV, or High Definition PV, refers to PV system designs that use DC optimizers to achieve greater system power management capability while lowering the total system costs on day one. Alliance members collaborate through defined standards and shared best practices to make lower cost and higher performing systems widely available to the industry.
“We are pleased to welcome our new members and look forward to working with them to serve our mutual customers,” said Mark Kanjorski, HDPV Alliance chair and director of marketing for Ampt. “With these new partners, HDPV members continue to work together to source projects, be more competitive within the industry, and provide customers with lower cost and higher performing PV systems.”
New HDPV Alliance members include:
• Arctech Solar is one of the world’s largest manufacturers and solution providers of solar tracking and racking systems for utilities, commercial, industrial and residential projects. Since 2009, Artech Solar has over 6 GW of installations and hundreds of completed projects in more than 10 countries.
• Array Technologies, Inc. (ATI) is a U.S.-based solar manufacturer of smart, cost-effective, reliable and robust solar tracking systems for utilities, corporations, small businesses and homeowners.
• Bender has been a global leader in ground fault protection products for both grounded and ungrounded systems.
• Bentek is a leader in engineered electromechanical and power distribution solutions for industrial applications, designing and manufacturing products such as cable harnesses, electrical combiner boxes, and custom OEM assemblies for the solar energy and semiconductor markets.
• China Sunergy is a public company listed on the NASDAQ as CSUN. Founded in 2007, CSUN is a tier one manufacturer in China with 1.2 GW of solar cells and module production capacity.
• ConnectPV is based in San Diego and delivers expertise and experience. ConnectPV brings over 10 years of solar PV industry experience in electrical balance of system products.
• Folsom Labs develops HelioScope, an advanced PV system design tool that integrates system layout and performance modeling to simplify the process of engineering and selling solar projects.
• GameChange Racking leads utility and large commercial solar racking with bankable quality, unmatched service and value pricing.
• GS Battery is a leader in energy storage. GS batteries are manufactured to the highest standards and deliver high quality, long life and superior performance in a wide variety of mission-critical applications.
• Littelfuse is a manufacturer of fuses and fuse holders specifically designed for the solar market. Understanding global codes and standards unique to the solar market, as well as product specifications required for the harsh environments, allows Littelfuse to provide a comprehensive range of circuit protection products.
• Schletter is an internationally recognized manufacturer of solar mounting systems and design tools for residential, commercial and utility-scale PV applications. Schletter has globally designed, developed and produced solar mounting systems for more than 15 GW of installed module capacity on roofs and ground-mounted systems.
• Stion is a leading manufacturer of high-efficiency thin-film solar modules. Stion is advancing the industry by dramatically improving the cost and performance of solar energy through superior manufacturing and R&D technology.
• Tabuchi Electric is the world’s fifth largest solar inverter manufacturer. Globally diversified and listed on the NIKKEI, it has developed and manufactured state-of-the-art solar inverters for over 20 years.
• Waaree Energies Ltd is the flagship company of Waaree Group, founded in 1989 with headquarters in Mumbai, India. It is a leading player in the solar energy space in India, as well as internationally. It has India’s largest solar PV module manufacturing capacity of 500 MW, being scaled up to 1000 MW by the end of 2015.
Have you checked out our YouTube page?
We have a ton video interviews and additional content on our YouTube page. Recently we debuted Power Forward! -- a collaboration with BayWa r.e. to discuss higher level industry topics as well as best practices / trends for running a solar business today.
Our longer running side project is The Pitch -- in which we have awkward discussions with solar manufacturers and suppliers about their new technology and ideas so that you don't have to. We discuss everything from residential rail-less deck attaching and home solar financing to large-scale energy storage value stacking and utility-driven new home solar + storage microgrids.