Solar developer and asset owner Ampliform signed a long-term agreement with Nevados Engineering, an emerging solar tracker company, to supply its integrated technology platform of all-terrain solar trackers and energy optimization software.
Ampliform is all-in on the Nevados platform, standardizing on it for all of its tracker needs across every location in its near-term project pipeline of 700 MW for 2023-2025 construction as well as its longer-term pipeline of 2 GW of projects under development.
“We selected Nevados because their all-terrain solar tracker eliminates the need for costly, risky, and destructive mass grading for every site in our portfolio – and their team is a pleasure to work with,” commented Robert Stoever, Senior Vice President, EPC of Ampliform. “Partnering with Nevados will make our solar investments more profitable while preserving the natural vegetation and topography of the land. It’s a win for our company and for the planet.”
To kick off the partnership, Nevados will supply 48 MW of all-terrain trackers for two Ampliform projects currently under construction in Pennsylvania. As is standard for all customers, Nevados will also provide performance optimization with their TRACE software and full-service project management, design optimization, and engineering support for all Ampliform projects regardless of size.
“We are thrilled to support Ampliform because our product is a perfect match for their hilly portfolio,” commented Yezin Taha, CEO of Nevados. “Yet the benefits of Nevados’ technology and partner-centric business model go beyond the challenges of uneven terrain. Our integrated solar tracking platform will create new project opportunities for Ampliform by reducing their civil engineering and construction costs and improving system performance one row at a time.”
Some virtues of the Nevados solar tracking platform:
• Nevados says its trackers can eliminate site grading in projects with uneven terrain, which avoids the time and cost-intensive permitting, construction, and revegetation steps involved there.
• Nevados’ proprietary bearings allow for installation on slopes up to 37% with slope changes as great as 26% across a foundation.
• Its row-specific tracking algorithms, controls and tilt schedules improve energy yield in Nevados projects at a granular level. Gaps in bearings also improve bifacial gains.
• The non-continuous torque tubes, shorter pilings and large tolerances simplify and speed up the installation process of Nevados trackers. Solar modules self-align during installation with top-clamp clips that can accommodate different module sizes.
• Nevados’ torque tube and damper designs improve wind performance and are proven to withstand hurricane-force winds with zero structural damage.
Listen to more in-depth conversations on Solar Builder's YouTube channel
Our most popular series include:
Power Forward! | A collaboration with BayWa r.e. to discuss higher level industry topics.
The Buzz | Where we give our 2 cents per kWh on the residential solar market.
The Pitch | Discussions with solar manufacturers about their new technology and ideas.